- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups broth (vegetable) or water
- 2 large oranges juiced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of water followed by sliced onion and garlic. Sauté 3 minutes until fragrant. Add broth, orange juice, carrot, sweet potato, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cover pot and let simmer 15-20 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat and place mixture in blender. Remove the vent to allow steam to escape. Cover the hole in the top with a clean towel and blend until smooth and serve.