No sugar, no flour, no oil, no salt. No problem!
Makes 12 muffins
Cuisine: Plant Based
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 cups oats ground into flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon aluminium-free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sodium-free baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Grind oats into a flour.
- Place in a large bowl and add all the other dry ingredients.
- Puree bananas in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the apple juice, applesauce, extract and apple cider vinegar and process again until combined.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour into muffin liners filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until tops are golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Note: Gently stir in 2 cups of frozen blueberries for blueberry banana muffins and increase baking time 8-10 minutes.