Main Ingredient: Vegetables
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
Serves: 4 Scale Update
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large potatoes or 2 smaller ones
- 300 grams peas fresh or frozen
- 700 ml vegetable broth or water
- 1 handful fresh mint
- plant based cream or yogurt, (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and finely dice onion and garlic cloves. Peel and dice potato.
- In a pot, heat a table spoon of vegetable broth then add onion and garlic and gently saute until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced potatoes and peas, pour over with vegetable stock and season with salt, pepper and finely chopped fresh herbs to taste.
- Let it simmer and cook on low for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes and peas are fork-tender. Then, remove from heat, add the mint and blend until smooth in a blender (or with a stick blender).
- Put back in the pot and bring to a quick boil.
- Pour pea soup on plates and serve.
- Optionally you can decorate with some plant-based yogurt or cream, a drizzle of olive oil, some thyme, a teaspoon of pine nuts or sunflower seeds.
- Variation: Instead of potatoes use half a head of cauliflower.
- Instead of onions use leek.
- Instead of mint you can use fennel.