Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
- FOR THE SALAD
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa rinsed & drained (≈1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 3 cups broccoli florets cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 red onion cut into wedges
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 5 radishes thinly sliced (≈ 1/4 cup)
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 2 lemons halved
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained mustard
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- FOR SERVING
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- ROAST VEGETABLES & LEMONS
- On a baking sheet, place broccoli, red onions, and lemons, cut sides up. Brush vegetables with water, then broil 1 to 2 cm from the heat until you start to see crispy, browned bits on the vegetables and broccoli starts to turn tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack to let cool.
- MAKE SALAD
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, cooked quinoa, and radishes.
- WHISK ROASTED LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- Squeeze juice from 1 roasted lemon. Measure out 1/4 cup juice (add a bit of water if needed to reach that amount). In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, white wine vinegar, maple syrup, and coarse-grained mustard.
- TOSS, SEASON & SERVE
- Add broccoli and red onions to salad, then drizzle with roasted lemon vinaigrette; toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve salad with a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts and remaining roasted lemon.
- Suggested adult serving: 2½ cups
- Store any leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving (2)
- Calories: 341
- Protein: 14 g
- Sugar: 14 g
- Carbohydrate: 62 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Sodium: 293
- Fibre: 14 g