- 1 cup gluten-free, all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or fresh
- Maple syrup for serving
- Add the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt, vanilla, applesauce and nondairy milk to a large bowl. Mix well and set to the side.
- Add about a teaspoon of coconut oil to a pan over medium flame. Once the pan is hot, add about ¼ cup of the pancake mixture. Immediately top with 5 to 8 blueberries. Let the pancake cook for about 4 minutes. You should notice the top begin to fill with bubbles and the edges should become firm. Use a spatula to carefully flip the pancake onto the opposite side. Let the pancake cook again for about 2 to 3 minutes until the centre is done. Remove from the pan and place on a plate covered with a paper towel. Repeat the process until the batter is finished. Top your pancakes with any remaining blueberries and serve with maple syrup.