How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you directly by telephone, facsimile, email, post or via our website. We may also receive information via an intermediary, a company with which we may have a relationship such as an association.
your payment information.
What types of personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you to enable us to best suit your needs. The types of personally identifiable information that we may collect include your name, address, telephone number and email address. When we request your personal information, we will endeavour to specify which information we require for our purposes and which information may be provided at your option. You may choose not to supply any optional information requested by us but our ability to assist you may be restricted.
How do we use your personal information?
In order to deliver our services to you, JK Wellness and Nutrition uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to complete a transaction to which the provision of that personal information relates;
- to communicate information about our products and services to you;
- for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
- to conduct our day-to-day business such as our membership site, courses and training.
- to better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our products and services;
- for internal record keeping;
- to circulate promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- direct marketing;
- to contact you (by telephone, email, fax or mail) for market research purposes; and
- to customise the website according to your interests.
You may at any time opt out of receiving any communications from us. If you wish to opt out, please contact us using the information at the end of this document.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
JK Wellness and Nutrition transmits credit card information directly to PayPal.com. The credit card information is not communicated to our servers. All transactions are protected with SSL encryption. JK Wellness and Nutrition does not store credit card numbers after the transmission is complete.
Do we ever disclose your personal information to others?
We do not sell our customer lists to third parties. In order to deliver our services, we may
need to disclose your personal information to organisations outside of JK Wellness and Nutrition including:
- Any subcontractors
- service providers such as mailing houses and market research agencies;
- government and other regulatory authorities as authorised by law.
- for the purpose of providing services to customers;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located outside of Australia.
When explicitly requested by you, the customer, we may refer personal information to one of our associated companies so that they may assist you in their area of expertise. Otherwise, we do not disclose personal information unless we are required to do so by law or regulation
When interacting with JK Wellness and Nutrition your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.
What rights do you have to access your personal information?
You may ask us at any time to provide you with a list of the personal information we hold about you, and for copies of that personal information. We will endeavour to provide you with the data within 30 days of receiving your request. JK Wellness and Nutrition reserves the right to charge reasonable costs to provide you with access to your information. If you believe for any reason that we are holding inaccurate or incomplete data about you, you may ask us to correct it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
How do we store your personal information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or exposure. We require all staff to maintain the confidentiality of customer information. Access to information stored electronically is restricted to employees whose job requires access to the information. Access to our computer systems is restricted through password protection.
Based on your actions on our website e.g. form completion, we will identify trading partners with whom we may share the personal data you have provided.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other
competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our
reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order
disclosure of that personal information.
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to your web browser, which is then stored by your browser. The information is then sent back to our web server each time your browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify individual web browsers. It does not contain personally identifiable information such as your name or other personal details – but may enable us to identify and profile your activities if you are logged in to our site.
Accessing our free blog content
When you can access our free blog posts, a cookie is placed on your computer by our content management system (CMS) WordPress, which uses a session cookie. This temporary cookie is not used for tracking purposes, it's an essential, "strictly necessary" part of providing content to you through our CMS.
Accessing our member content - cookies are used to remember you are logged-in so you can download documents
We use persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you return to our site. These cookies are essential to use of our web service in recognising your membership status, and as such are permitted by law.
We also use other web services provided by other companies to improve the experience for users of DOY and to help us review how we improve our service for users and commercially.
How do I block cookies from these service?
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
If you want to manage privacy we recommend you install Ghostery which gives you a chance to learn more about each service it identifies on a site and block their cookies or Scripts. It gives information on how they describe themselves, a link to their privacy policies.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
How can we be contacted?
You can make any requests relating to your personal information held by us by contacting any member of staff via our Contact Us details page, by emailing to email@example.com, or by writing to:
JK Wellness and Nutrition,
Level 13/50 Cavill Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217